DC Restaurants Help Kick Off 2015 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic
Washington, DC - Events DC and the Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington along with its members are excited to welcome the 2015 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic on January 1, 2015. The annual hockey game features the Washington Capitals vs. Chicago Blackhawks at Nationals Park for a sold out game, but festivities surrounding the event spread throughout the region. The 2015 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic will decorate the District in hockey with outdoor events, a free fan festival outside Nationals Park will feature themed attractions, games, prizes, giveaways, live musical performances and more. For a complete list of events, please visit www.nhl.com/winterclassic.
In anticipation of the event, RAMW member restaurants will be hosting watch parties on game day and welcoming ticket holders with specials and promotions on January 1.
750 E Street, NW
• 10% off for all ticket holders with featured drinks and $5 jumbo pretzels
801 King Street, Alexandria, VA
• Happy Hour in entire restaurant for ticket holders
• Rock the Redds with $3 Redds apple ale or a bucket of 5 for $10.
300 Tingey Street, SE
• Opening early at 10 AM on New Year's Day and offering a menu of breakfast sandwiches, lunch items, and bar snacks for attendees. Additionally, the winter patio will be open and Chef Kyle Bailey will be serving up specials from the grill.
Chuy’s Mexican Restaurant
11219 Lee Highway, Fairfax, VA
• Viewing party in the bar, $1 off margaritas, and our famous nacho car will be open.
1610 20th Street NW
• Viewing party in the Cantina Pub at Darlington House & Happy Hour specials during the game
2436 18th Street, NW
1030 Elden Street, Herndon, VA
• 1/2 off appetizers for anyone showing their ticket stub
Old Ebbitt Grill
675 15th Street, NW
• New Year’s Eve Dance Party on 12/31. Tickets can be purchased at http://ebbittnye2015.eventfarm.com/. 2015 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® ticket holders can take $10 off using the promo code “Classic”
700 6th Street, NW
• Show your ticket to the game anytime between 11-4 on New Year’s Day and enjoy Chicago Style or DC Style Chili Dogs & unlimited PBR cans for only $20.15
1926 14th Street, NW
• Bottomless brunch on New Year’s Day starting at 11 am for $37.50. Includes bottomless mimosas and bloody marys for ticket holders.
Tortilla Coast Capitol Hill
400 First Street, SE
• Drink Specials, Game Time Fun & Bloody Mary Bar
• Margarita Specials including:
o‘Classic’ Margarita for $10.00
o Fire and Ice for $7.00
6909 Metro Park Drive
• Happy Hour specials for ticket holders
About the 2015 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic
The Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic is an annual event held by the National Hockey League featuring two teams playing outdoors. This year, the game takes place on Thursday, January 1, and features the Washington Capitals vs. Chicago Blackhawks. The 2015 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic is a once in a lifetime sporting event that pits rival teams against one another in an unconventional setting, pays homage to the sport of hockey, and inspires fans to celebrate their favorite teams.
About Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington (RAMW)
The Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington (RAMW) is the regional trade association representing restaurants and the foodservice industry in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area. Established in 1920, RAMW is an advocate, resource and community for its members. The Association works to promote and sustain the growth and development of the industry while providing its members legislative and regulatory representation, marketing and small business support, programming and events. RAMW strives to serve its members with professionalism and integrity, and provide them the training, education and support they need to grow a successful business.
About Events DC
Events DC, the official convention and sports authority for the District of Columbia, delivers premier event services and flexible venues across the nation's capital. Leveraging the power of a world-class destination and creating amazing attendee experiences, Events DC generates economic and community benefits through the attraction and promotion of business, athletic, entertainment and cultural activities. Events DC oversees the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, an anchor of the District's hospitality and tourism economy that generates over $400 million annually in total economic impact, and the historic Carnegie Library at Mt. Vernon Square. Events DC manages the Stadium-Armory campus, which includes Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium and surrounding Festival Grounds, the non-military functions of the DC Armory and Maloof Skate Park at RFK Stadium. Events DC also built and now serves as landlord for Nationals Park, the first LEED-certified major professional sports stadium in the United States. For more information, please visit www.eventsdc.com.