Building Capital in the Nation’s Capital
Events DC remains focused on being competitive and innovative for the future of Washington, DC. This is why our goal is to continue to invest in and support a range of capital improvement projects across all of our venues. From developing new environmentally-friendly venues to reimagining historic spaces in modern ways, we’re always finding new ways to attract tenants, residents and visitors to fuel ongoing economic growth and development in the nation’s capital.
Here are just some of the exciting plans we have in store:
- Redesigning the lobby and inside public spaces of the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, and also upgrading and expanding Wi-Fi service offerings to customers and visitors throughout the building.
- Launching a streetscape redesign project surrounding the exterior of the Convention Center.
- Reimagining the Carnegie Library at Mt. Vernon Square with the Apple Flagship Store in May 2019.
- Developing, constructing and opening The Fields at RFK Campus with community amenities and a new place space in spring of June 2019.
- Redevelopment of the 190-acre RFK Campus with both short- and long-term elements.
- Developing, constructing and opening the Entertainment and Sports Arena in the fall of 2018.